16 hours of free training in just 5 minutes a day. Teaching you how to grow your online
internet business,by learning about marketing your home business or ecommerce website with
easy to understand articles.
So You Want to Start an Internet Business, Now What?
© by Hermas Haynes
The lure of cyberspace as a place where one can become wealthy virtually overnight, and enjoy a life of leisure and financial freedom, has caused more shattered dreams and disillusionment than it has delivered happiness and prosperity.
Many would-be entrepreneurs today are licking their financial wounds, wallowing in self-pity, and pointing accusing fingers squarely at the nebulous scapegoat they call the Internet. Somehow in the lineup of usual suspects, details like inadequate preparation, inferior marketing and misguided ambitions were conveniently overlooked.
In their initial excitement and clouded judgment, many of these unfortunate victims bought into the slick promotions that promised instant success "while you sleep." Sadly, they awoke from their dream to a living nightmare of shocking reality.
At the opposite end of the spectrum are those marketers and business owners who continue to enjoy extraordinary success online. They have several profitable Web businesses that generate income around the clock, and they know how to create a new revenue stream practically at will.
These fortunate few are living life on their terms, free of financial worries and time restraints. Their fingers are also pointed, except not in blame, but in gratitude to the golden goose they also call the Internet.
So what's the difference? Simply this: perspective and expectation.
If you are unfamiliar with the peculiarities and pitfalls of managing an online enterprise, there is a higher likelihood of failure than success. The odds are stacked against you for a number of reasons.
Here are a few that come to mind:
* Your Prespective is Warped - You easily fall for the hype and the fantastic claims of achievement. Your desire to be living the dream is greater than your commitment to properly educate yourself on what's required to succeed online. You believe you can get something for nothing.
* You Are More Impulsive Than Pragmatic - Because you lack a solid knowledgbase against which to temper your decisions, you constantly make the wrong choices. Your marketing strategies yield poor results, and you have no idea how to correct your mistakes. Eventually frustration overtakes your enthusiasm and you give up in disgust.
* The Grasshopper Syndrome - This is where you jump from opportunity to opportunity in a futile attempt to find the one that works magically for you. But you never find it (or you overlook it) because you don't stick with any one opportunity long enough to understand how it really works. You're constantly looking for the quick fix. The grass always looks greener to you.
In spite of the risks, the Internet is the frontier where ordinary people can achieve tremendous success if they learn how to avoid the traps and capatilize on the opportunities that exist there.
We know that our perception, mindset and expectations play a significant role in the results our actions bring us. If you are to have a fighting chance of becoming successful online and creating the conditions to upgrade your lifestyle, there are concrete steps you can take to help you achieve that.
Here are some useful guidelines:
1. Do Your Homework - Nothing prepares you better than preparation itself. Read and research everything you can about the areas that interest you. Study the pros and the cons and weigh them in relation to their possible impact on your overall goals. Becoming familiar with what you are up against will boost your confidence and enthusiasm.
2. Develop a Strategic Plan - Without a blueprint detailing how to reach your goals, your efforts and resources will be squandered. You'll expend lots of energy and end up with little progress to show for it. A plan gives you focus, direction and momentum.
3. Make a Commitment - Don't approach your venture with a casual attitude to "see what happens." You must set out with the determination to accomplish your objective. You must intend it! That attitude helps direct the universal forces that will materialize your goals.
4. Persist Until You Succeed - It is important to keep plugging away in spite of the setbacks and obstacles. They are merely signposts that announce "wrong way" and force you to find a different path to your goal. Failure only occurs when you give up.
You alone hold the keys that will unlock the doors to the treasures you seek. Finding the right key for each door requires guidance, time, effort and the discipline to balance exuberance with common sense.
About the Author -
Hermas Haynes is the author of a detailed blueprint that lays out the steps for starting and managing a profitable online business. Visit his Web site http://SixFigureProfits.net and download a free preview today.
Have a nice day!
|Free Articles - Home Business. Ecommerce, Marketing covers USA, New York, Seattle, Philadelphia, Washington DC , Chicago, Baltimore , Atlanta, Dallas , San Francisco, Canada, England, Ireland , and India|
|Previous Article||© 2009 Foxonlinelearning.com||Next Article|