16 hours of free training in just 5 minutes a day. Teaching you how to grow your online
internet business,by learning about marketing your home business or ecommerce website with
easy to understand articles.
Ten Tips For Using E-Mail To Get More News Coverage
Email News Releases Can Get You More Publicity -- Learn the Techniques
Welcome to the world of Electronic Commerce. It's amazing but true
- you can use e-mail to get publicity with the media. Articles can
The Golden Rule: Target & Personalize.
Eight years of Internet experience is there are several essential rules that publicists must abide by in submitting e-mail to the media if they are to avoid the wrath of the recipients and maintain their credibility and reputation as a credible PR practitioner.
Here's "10 Commandments for Sending E-Mail to The Media":
1. Think, think, think before you write. Ask yourself why you are writing, and what are you trying to accomplish by writing. Put yourself in the position of the person reading your message. You are a busy media professional. What would you do upon receiving your message? Publish it or toss it?
2. Target narrowly and carefully. Go for the quality contacts and
3. Keep it short -- Trim your e-mail message so that it fills one
4. Keep the subject and content of your message relevant to your target
5. If you are seeking publicity for a product or service, or want
6. Tailor the submittal to the media editorial style or content. Go
7. Address each e-mail message separately to an individual media target. Take your time and personalize each e-mail. Don't ever send to multiple addresses. It's the easiest way to get deleted without being read.
8. Reread, reread, and reread and re-write, re-write, re-write before
9. Be brutally honest with yourself, and with your media contacts. Don't make claims about your product or service you can't prove.
10. Follow-up in a timely manner, with precision writing and professionalism.
Remember, there are real people at the receiving end. Your success
Good luck and prosper. It is not hard to garner news coverage if you take your time and do a careful job. The benefits can be phenomenal. E-mail is a good way to make the most of limited funds. You can work locally, regionally, or nationally and all you need is a computer with an Internet connection and e-mail.
You can and should use e-mail to get news coverage for your business, but you shouldn't rely on e-mail alone. When used together with conventional PR (mail, paper, phone and fax), you get the maximum effect. Cultivate relationships with media by becoming known as a valuable contributor. If you give them what their readers want, they give you free publicity.
Paul J. Krupin operates Direct Contact PR at www.DirectContactPR.com
Have a nice day!
|Free Articles - Home Business. Ecommerce, Marketing covers USA, New York, Seattle, Philadelphia, Washington DC , Chicago, Baltimore , Atlanta, Dallas , San Francisco, Canada, England, Ireland , and India|
|Previous Article||© 2009 Foxonlinelearning.com||Next Article|