16 hours of free training in just 5 minutes a day. Teaching you how to grow your online
internet business,by learning about marketing your home business or ecommerce website with
easy to understand articles.
Smart Tips for Boosting Your Productivity
© by Hermas Haynes
Picture this! You wake up in the morning full of excitement and anticipation. You've got many important things to do today and you just can't wait to get started. You think to yourself, "It's going to be a great day!"
But by day's end, when you reflect on your activities, instead of feeling happy and content, you are dejected, disappointed and slightly confused. You were busy all day; however, now that the dust has settled you realize that you never really accomplished anything.
If that scenario seems familiar to you, then you are the perfect candidate
for guidance on how to be more productive with your time. Time is perhaps
our most precious commodity. It is also the one thing we are most likely
to squander and fritter away.
We all start out with the same 1440 minutes every day to use anyway we please. Some of us are proud of what we have accomplished during that time, while many others are left wondering where did all the time go. Only one discipline separates these camps and that is—smart time management.
We have all kinds of tools at our disposal these days that are supposed to make our lives simpler by allowing us to do several things at once. "Multi-tasking" is how we describe this juggling act. Taking on several activities at the same time will certainly keep you busy, but getting results is really what matters.
Here are some tips you can apply with equal effectiveness to maximize your personal and professional productivity. They will also play a big part in helping you enjoy a less stressful quality of life in general.
1. Set The Right Environment. This applies to your workspace as well as to your mindset. It is easier to work in an organized workspace than in one that is cluttered. Similarly, you will get more done if you start out in the right frame of mind and remain focused on what you intend to accomplish. A cluttered workspace reflects a cluttered mind.
2. Clearly Define Your Objectives. If you know exactly what you expect to accomplish overall, it will be much easier to do what has to be done in the next hour or next few hours to make that happen. Also, knowing what you want to achieve serves as a beacon to keep you on track.
3. Prepare a Written Plan. Having a general idea in your mind of what you want to do is simply not enough, you should write it down! Reading from a written plan helps you to spot and correct any flaws it may contain. After that it's just a matter of following the plan.
4. Avoid Distractions. Interruptions can be the bane of the best laid plans. Once you've earmarked the time to perform your tasks, make it clear that you're not to be disturbed. Unplug the telephone if necessary, close the door, hang a "do not disturb" sign and get to work.
5. Do Not Procrastinate! Getting started is often the hardest part of the process, but action always trumps procrastination. Plunge right in and just do it! Once you get some momentum going it'll actually require less effort to continue.
It's not how much you do that counts, but how much you get done that contributes to your success.
Keep that thought in mind whenever you undertake a task from now on. Use it as a barometer to keep you focused and motivated as you work. Plus, the surge of satisfaction that you'll enjoy when you've completed all your tasks is its own well-deserved reward.
The value you place on your time will influence how you use it from moment to moment. Each moment in time is precious and should never be misused, but treasured for the present that it is.
About the Author:
Hermas Haynes has more than five years of solid online marketing experience and is the webmaster of http://ebizinfocenter.com — a popular resource for marketing ideas, tools and strategies that will help you advance your Web business.
Have a nice day!
|Free Articles - Home Business. Ecommerce, Marketing covers USA, New York, Seattle, Philadelphia, Washington DC , Chicago, Baltimore , Atlanta, Dallas , San Francisco, Canada, England, Ireland , and India|
|Previous Article||© 2009 Foxonlinelearning.com||Next Article|